Persona 4 review by anima9
Its one of those last few games that developers make for a dying console. And I must say, I thought the PS2 ended with Final Fantasy 12.
I’ll be informal in this review, you can just check gamefaq’s reviews by amateur BUT highly credible game reviewers at this link
I really love this game for many reasons, a few are listed below:
1. Its a fresh start from traditional rpgs. Its SOOOO different from a standard rpg game (like Final Fantasy or Tales) that it simply makes its own type of game altogether. Its not a “FF” type of game nor is it a “Tales” type of game. Its a “Persona” type of game. And I must say, I am VERY impressed with what ATLUS pulled out of their thinking tanks.
2. It has a very interesting storyline. I can’t say for certain WHY is it so interesting, maybe because of the fact that its not so serious at all. That you actually get to know your characters in a very deep and interactive manner. You decide who you want to get close to. And it has benefits, as this game relies heavily on making friends.
3. This game teaches you how to live life to the fullest. We’ve seen games that say these quotables that barely stay in our heads. This game, however, makes certain that what it teaches you is easily remembered since it tells you in the most simple and casual way: as a friend would give advice to you.
4. As I mentioned earlier, it is VERY different. Its pretty original for a gamer like me who’s gotten used to standard storylines and battle systems. But this game is like a breath of fresh air. Everything’s so new and so fun to do. Its not boring at all. Heck, boredom would probably the last thing you’ll have if you play this game. It also makes use of literature gods, demons, beasts, mythology, etc. I learned new things that are actually educational while playing this game. And since you’re playing as a highschooler, there are actual lessons and exams involved that made me google them. I mean, not often do you learn that October was supposed to be the 8th month since OCT means 8, or that we usually sweat 0.5 litres a day🙂 and that’s just two of the many things you can learn playing this game.
5. And last but not the least, the fun in this game. The game takes place in a real world, with real people just dealing with their normal lives. Its very realistic in terms of situations and places. The game is not as serious as compared to other great RPGs. There’s this point where the only thing you will actually do is have fun. I guess its one of the game’s winning points. I mean, we all want to have fun when everything’s getting serious right? No? WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU?! >X(
Try it. I recommend it. Google ratings and reviews if you want. Sure, there’s bound to be a few low scores out there, but that is only a small portion of the whole gaming community that actually fell in love with this game.