Two months into my program
- Upper body is ever so slightly becoming more defined.
- Strength from torso up to shoulders have significantly increased.
- Performing repeated 64 kg deadlifts are warm-ups to me.
- I can now do 60 swings in less than 4 minutes.
- I can now do 100 32kg x 2 double kettlebell swings in less than 10 minutes.
- I now have a “better” 64 kg armor building technique (more below).
- Legs have noticeably increased in endurance and strength.
- I’ve evolved my usual push-ups to one-legged then to spiderman push ups.
- Jerking a 32 kg is easier but pressing it is still far from reach.
- I also (unintentionally) developed my pull-ups when I tried them a few weeks ago.
- I can now almost do a full ab-wheel roll (from standing position). I stop before my arms stretch overhead.
Modifications to the workout
Alternative to Armor-building:
Weight: 2 x 32 kg
Optional: 1 x double kettlebell swing before the cleans for momentum
2 x double kettlebell cleans
1 x jerk per arm (while two kettlebells are in the rack position)
3 x double kettlebell front squat
Perform while standing and roll until just before arms reach overhead. Extend the “roll” as core strengthens.
One-leg (straight) push ups x 5 per leg for 50 reps or spiderman push ups for 50 reps.
Routine 4 modification:
One-arm 32 kg kettlebell jerks for at least 24 reps per arm for time.
If strength is not enough, push-ups or use ab-wheel.
We’ll see what happens when the new year comes in 😀 See ya!